The PrestaShop Customer Address module on the registration form allows your customers to add their address while creating an account on your website. This will save the customer time as they will not need to add an address from my account page. They can add their address at the time of registration.
Note: the PrestaShop Customer Address module on the registration form is compatible with version 8.xx of PrestaShop.
Features of PrestaShop customer address on registration form
- Enable address fields on the customer registration form.
- Show/Hide alias, company, VAT number, address information and telephone fields on the registration page.
- Select the countries for which you want to hide address fields.
- Automatically populate address fields such as zip code, city, state, and country fields based on the user’s IP address.
- New users can add their address when creating a new account.
- The PrestaShop customer address on the registration form module is MultiShop compatible.
How to install PrestaShop customer address on registration form
- First of all, go to the module manager in the back office and click on “upload a module”.
- After that, drag and drop the module file or select the file in the system.
- This way the installation of the module will be successful.
PrestaShop customer address on registration form configuration
After successful installation of the module, the administrator needs to configure it.
In the module settings, the administrator can:
- Enable or disable the display of address fields on the customer registration form.
- Choose to show or hide address fields such as first name, last name, alias, company, VAT number, address information, and telephone on the registration form.
As configured, the address fields will display on the registration form.
If the admin has disabled the “Address field on registration page”, then the address fields will not display in the registration form.
If some fields are marked as mandatory under Addresses and the same fields are hidden in the module settings, then priority will be given to the default PrestaShop settings.
In the screenshot above, you can see that the admin chooses address field 2 to display on the registration form. The same field is disabled in the module settings.
The Address Addendum field is displayed in the registration form because it is marked as required under Addresses.
Under Geolocation, the administrator can:
- Select the countries for which address fields will not display on the registration form.
- Enable address autofill during registration.
Suppose the admin has selected India in the Select Countries field. Now if a customer from India registers on the store, they cannot view the address fields as shown below.
Address to fill automatically
If this field is enabled, address fields such as zip, state, city, and country will be automatically populated on the registration page based on the user’s IP address.
From December 30, 2019, you must register on MaxMind to download the geolocation data file. After creating the account, you can download the “GeoLite2City” database from the website. Once downloaded, extract the data using Winrar or Gzip to the /app/Resources/geoip/ directory.
For any type of technical support or questions, please raise a ticket or send us an email to (email protected)
Please also explore our Prestashop development services and a wide range of quality Prestashop addons.
Current product version – 1.0.0
Supported framework version – 8.xx, 1.7.xx