Onions – an effective remedy for hair loss
Hair onions are another great way to take care of your skin. Recipes based on it are used traditionally and very effectively. Onion juice with regular use will have a good effect on the condition of the hair. Onions are also a natural way to deal with gray hair.
1. What properties does onion have on hair?
Onions play a very important role in the diet of every person. Many people to this day make their onion syrup, which is very useful in the fight against colds and coughs. This is not surprising because onions contain many valuable nutrients, such as:
- vitamin A , C, E and K;
- B vitamins ;
- magnesium ;
- zinc ;
- phosphorus ;
- iron ;
- calcium ;
2. Onion for hair growth
Brittle hair is very difficult to grow back. Even if their growth rate is correct, the ends break in half and sometimes even crumble. To have healthy and long hair, you need to make a very useful mask with onion juice. All due to the large amount of sulfur it contains, which significantly affects the healthy growth of hair and nails.
3. Onion against hair loss
Excessive hair loss is a very worrying problem. Both women and men complain about this problem. The cause of hair loss is very often a deficiency of sulfur and other minerals and vitamins. It is enough to apply onion juice, rich in sulfur and other valuable minerals, to the scalp; this is an easy way to saturate the hair follicles.
4. Bow for hair coloring
Of course, everyone knows the custom of dyeing Easter eggs with onion husks. This can also be used as a way to darken hair naturally. It is enough to prepare a decoction of onion peel and use it for rinsing; the more peel, the stronger the effect. Since onion husks can slightly darken hair, onion juice is a homemade way to delay gray hair.
5. Onions for dandruff and oily hair
Onions can be safely attributed to natural medicinal substances. This is evidenced by the use of its juice to prepare cough syrup. In the pharmaceutical industry, onions are also used to produce drugs against scars and skin changes due to their antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and regenerative properties. Due to these properties, onion juice can be useful in the fight against dandruff. It also helps with oily hair. Anti-inflammatory properties soothe scalp irritation.
6. Hair bow – consequences
The effects of using onion on hair are better manifested with regular and long-term use of procedures.
You can count on the following:
- strengthening hair along their entire length;
- deep, natural hair color;
- more flexible, soft to the touch, shiny hair;
- the rapid growth of healthy hair ;
- the appearance of new hair;
- fresh hair for a long time;
- reduction or complete elimination of dandruff;
- improvement of the hair structure;
- Less tendency for hair to break.
7. White or red hair bow?
If you plan to prepare a homemade cosmetic product with onions for hair, you are certainly wondering which vegetables are best. There are wide varieties of onions in stores; you can choose any of them. White, red, and green onions contain many valuable elements that hair needs.
8. How to get juice from onions?
Another question that may raise doubts before preparing onion hair cosmetics is the method of obtaining juice from this vegetable. It must be remembered that ready-made onion juice must be used immediately, as it is unsuitable for long-term storage. Over time, it will become clear how much onion you need to take care of your hair effectively. Ways to get juice from onions:
1) Using a juicer. This is a very easy and fast way. It is enough to cut the required amount of onion into smaller pieces and load it into the device.
2) Manually squeeze the juice from the onion. You must peel the onion and grate it on a fine grater or beat it in a blender. Squeeze out the resulting slurry thoroughly through gauze or a fine strainer.
3) Beat with a blender. Onion gruel can also be used as a component of homemade hair cosmetics. It is enough to cut the onion into small pieces and beat it with a blender into a homogeneous mass.
9. Hair bow – how to use it?
A hair bow can be used in several ways. Below are the most popular ones.
9.1. Rubbing onions:
- You need to prepare a small amount of onion juice.
- If the scalp is sensitive, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the juice.
- Apply the juice to the scalp while massaging.
- Leave for 20-30 minutes.
- After this time, wash your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
9.2. Onion hair mask :
- Beat with a blender or rub the onion.
- Apply the resulting slurry to your hair.
- If necessary, put on a plastic hairdressing cap or towel, so the home cosmetic product does not stain clothes.
- Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes.
- Then rinse your hair well to get rid of the onion completely.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
9.3. Onion hair mask :
- Two tablespoons of vegetable oil: coconut oil (low porosity hair), olive oil (medium porosity hair), and sunflower oil (high porosity hair). You can prepare another oil that is usually used for hair;
- Two tablespoons of onion juice;
- A tablespoon of honey.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to unwashed hair, and massage it into the scalp.
- Leave the homemade cosmetic on the hair for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse the nourishing agent from the hair and rinse with shampoo.
9.4. Revitalizing onion juice mask.
A very interesting way to apply homemade cosmetics to your hair is to prepare a spray. Of course, this can be done if the consistency of the cosmetic allows it to be sprayed, for example, onion juice without pulp.
To prepare the spray, you will need the following:
- clear onion juice – made in a juicer and ideally additionally passed through gauze;
- spray bottle;
- hairdressing cap;
- water (optional).
Pour the juice from the onion into a spray bottle. You can pre-dilute it with a little water. Apply liberally to all hair before washing. Try to make sure that the cosmetic product slightly covers the scalp. After spraying on the hair, leave for 30 minutes and wash thoroughly. This recipe is perfect for people who want to stop graying hair with onions.
10. Ready-made onion cosmetics
Onion juice-based hair cosmetics are also available on the market. Most often, it will be shampoos and conditioners. If you want the results that using onions on your hair gives but need more time to prepare homemade cosmetics, this solution is perfect. It must be remembered that the presence of onions does not indicate the quality of a cosmetic product. It is also very important to what other substances are in it. With a sensitive scalp, you must pay special attention to the product’s composition.
11. Onion Husk Lotion for Red and Brown Hair
For owners of red and brown hair, onions can help reveal color depth :
- You will need a large amount of onion peel – a handful for half a liter of water.
- Fill them with water and leave for several hours.
- Then bring the water to a boil and cook over low heat for a few minutes.
- Pass everything through a sieve to separate the husk from the lotion.
- Apply this rinse to the hair after washing; at the end, squeeze out excess water.
- Put a shower cap, hairdressing cap, or towel on your hair and leave for about 40 minutes.
- After this time, rinse your hair again.
12. Do onions in food affect hair?
It is known that the condition of hair, skin, and nails can be taken care of from the inside. It will also be useful to use onions here. It is a tasty addition and the base for many dishes. Garlic also exhibits similar properties, which also contain sulfur compounds. If onions and garlic are constantly added to the diet, then, of course, they will improve the condition of the hair.
13. Will onions leave a bad smell on your hair?
As you know, onions have a very specific, intense aroma. In this regard, some people may worry that after the onion procedure, a smell will interfere with everyday contact with other people. All recipes for homemade cosmetics with onions are applied to the hair before washing. This means that the smell will not be noticeable if you wash your hair thoroughly after the procedure. For greater confidence, it is better to use cosmetics with onions in the evening.