Nine skin care mistakes that will make you look older
We do not attach much importance to skin care when we are young. Your skin was already smooth and firm, with few problems other than occasional breakouts. In adulthood, visible signs of the aging process appear.
It’s never too early to start your daily skin care routine, but before you do, it’s a good idea to ensure you’re doing it right. Even simple skincare mistakes can cause your skin to age.
This article will look at some of the most common skincare mistakes that can make you look older. You’ll also get tips to prevent these mistakes and recommendations for our best anti-aging products.
Top 9 skin care mistakes that will make you look older
Unfortunately, no one has figured out how to stop time, but that doesn’t mean you have to look your age. A simple, daily skincare routine can do wonders for your skin, but many people mistake skipping their daily routine or doing it wrong.
Here are some common skincare mistakes that can make you look older:
- Exfoliating too little or too often. Exfoliation should be part of any skincare routine, but you must do it right. If you don’t exfoliate, dead skin cells can build up on the surface of your skin, making your complexion look dull – this can also accentuate wrinkles. On the other hand, exfoliating too hard can damage your skin, dry it out, or increase your risk of breakouts. Choose the right exfoliator for your skin type and start with one or two days a week, building up to three times a week if needed.
- Failing to remove makeup before bed is one of the most common skin care mistakes, but that’s only half the problem. If you don’t cleanse your face at night, you won’t be able to remove the impurities and free radicals that can make your skin look dull and dry when you wake up and accentuate your wrinkles.
- Using the wrong skin care products. Skin care products that work well for one person don’t necessarily work for everyone. Using the wrong products can make your skin problems worse. For example, if someone with dry skin uses a product that contains ingredients that dry out the skin, it can dry out the skin even more. Find out your skin type and condition, then shop accordingly.
- Forget about the neck and chest. When applying skin care products, focus on the face first but don’t forget the neck and upper chest. The skin in these areas is still delicate and is just as exposed to the sun as your face. Not using SPF on the neck and chest can eventually lead to fine lines and wrinkles.
- You don’t get enough sleep. When you toss and turn all night, you probably feel sleepy in the morning and may have trouble concentrating at work. Apart from these effects, you may also notice dark circles under your eyes, but the true effects of sleep deprivation on your skin go much deeper. When you sleep, your skin cells rest and regenerate, healing from daily damage. If you don’t get enough sleep, this damage builds up and makes you look older than you are. Try to sleep at least 7 hours a day.
- Excessive exposure to the sun. Exposure to UVA and UVB rays is bad for your skin, so any type of tanning can increase your risk of skin cancer and make you look older.
- Do not use SPF daily. Wearing sunscreen in the summer seems like the obvious choice, but many people make the mistake of not using SPF daily. While the sun is at its strongest in the summer, your skin can still be exposed to the sun on cloudy days, and daily exposure to UVA and UVB rays can build up over time, drying out your skin and speeding up the aging process. Try to get in the habit of using sunscreen daily.
- Wrong nutrition. You have probably noticed that when you overeat junk food, your skin reacts to it. What you eat has a direct impact on the health of your skin and makes you look older. Try to limit your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates by focusing on antioxidant-rich fruits and fresh vegetables.
- Drink little water. Drinking plenty of water is necessary for the health of the whole body but also the health of the skin in particular. When your body becomes dehydrated, it begins to draw water from your tissues and skin to help maintain proper blood fluid levels. As your skin loses moisture, wrinkles become more visible, and your skin looks dull and dry.
As your skin ages, it begins to lose some of its elasticity, so that you may notice the appearance of wrinkles. In addition, the production of sebum, which protects the skin and helps maintain hydration, slows down, making your skin more susceptible to the environment and skin care mistakes discussed above. Fortunately, the right skin care products can help keep your skin looking youthful.
Recommended anti-aging products
When shopping for skin care products, purchasing products for your skin type and condition is the most important thing. Choosing the wrong product can aggravate skin problems and make you look older.
In addition to choosing products for your skin type and condition, you should also buy products from a trusted cosmetics company that understands the science of skin care and has research-backed results. Yon-Ka Paris is a professional French skincare brand that combines science and nature, using essential oils and plant extracts to address common skin concerns.
Here are some of the best Yon-Ka Paris anti-aging skincare products:
- Time Resist Creme Jour Day Cream and Time Resist Creme Nuit Night Cream; these nourishing creams work together to fight internal and external signs of aging with nourishing oils and powerful botanical extracts such as stem cells. Apply after cleansing to the face, neck, and décolleté.
- Excellence Code Masque – Fight the signs of aging with this creamy mask infused with powerful anti-aging ingredients to leave your skin looking toned and radiant. With marine collagen and natural fruit extracts, this mask erases signs of fatigue and wrinkles.
- Alpha-Contour Gel – Made from hyaluronic acid and natural botanical extracts, it smoothes the skin and restores hydration and tone to the eye and lip contours for a rejuvenating effect. Apply a thin layer twice daily using a gentle effluvium technique around the eyes.
- Cellular Code Serum – Designed for mature skin or any skin 35+. The soft and velvety serum helps restore the skin’s youthful appearance, improving its tone and elasticity. Apply to cleansed skin in the morning and evening to keep your skin looking young and fresh.
In addition to the above, you should also start taking your skin more seriously. Regular facials can help address common issues like wrinkles, pigmentation, and breakouts while using the right skin care products at home can keep your skin looking young for longer.