Lumen Technologies (NYSE: LUMN) announced major enhancements to its flagship SASE solution, strengthening its leadership position in the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) market. Through this announcement, Lumen reaffirms its commitment to providing a simplified, secure and scalable solution. SASE solution meets the needs of businesses across many industries.
Lumen’s SASE solutions would provide a pioneering digital experience for acquiring, configuring and managing enterprise SASE. These recent changes reportedly stem directly from feedback from its user base, demonstrating Lumen’s commitment to adapting and meeting customer needs.
One of the most remarkable facets of Lumen’s SASE solutions is its innovative approach. Focusing primarily on simplification, the platform aims to deliver a secure, scalable and flexible SASE experience to businesses regardless of size or industry.
Feedback from existing customers highlighted several areas for improvement:
- Improved monitoring and control of access to cloud applications, whether used on authorized or unauthorized devices
- Streamlined division between private data center assets and cloud resources, complemented by a SaaS and web security services
- Centralized access to security services in a cloud-based framework
- Effortlessly transition to a cloud-first model that provides the agility to scale as needed
Darren Wolner, Senior Director of SASE Product Management at Lumen Technologies, commented on the company’s customer-centric approach: “With the growing adoption of cloud services, particularly as hybrid working models become the norm, organizations have quickly realized the critical need for Robust security. Lumen’s latest enhancements to SASE solutions are designed to meet these evolving needs.
New additions to Lumen’s SASE solutions include:
Security Service Edge (SSE) and cloud-hosted gateways:
- SSE offers a fusion of cloud-first security features, such as cloud-hosted gateways, which ensure secure access to websites and manage user permissions for SaaS applications.
- Gateways, hosted in the cloud, allow businesses to adopt adaptable networking and security features without the constraint of on-premises equipment.
- Lumen’s hosted gateways offer benefits such as migrating shared gateways to dedicated nodes for better security, offering centralized security services, and facilitating secure remote access to data and applications.
- US-based businesses can now extend their on-premises SASE services to regions such as Canada and EMEA.
Pete Finalle, research manager at IDC, highlight the current challenges facing businesses. “The emergence of a hybrid work environment, combined with the integration of multi-cloud resources, has created numerous networking and security challenges. Few businesses are equipped to respond without a customer-centric approach. Lumen stands out in this regard, thanks to its extensive network and cloud infrastructure.
Mr. Finalle continued by adding that Lumen TechnologiesThe combination of a comprehensive cloud-based security solution and a hands-on approach to solving complex networking and security challenges sets it apart. The company’s digital customer experience would simplify even further Adoption of SASE process, which is often hampered by deployment and management complexities.