How much does it cost to develop a manufacturing application?
Mobile apps for manufacturing: types, main features and development cost
Digital transformation in the manufacturing industry is emerging rapidly every day, and of course, it is mandatory to accelerate production automation and increase productivity. Production, warehouse transfer, logistics and distribution are already running on manufacturing software and optimizing their processes.
There are many mobile apps available for manufacturing companies to automate and take traditional workflows to new heights.
In this article we would like to discuss the importance of mobile app in manufacturing, what features and functionalities will make manufacturing apps more robust and how much will it cost to develop a manufacturing app for Android/iOS.
What is a manufacturing mobile app for?
The objective of mobile application development for manufacturing industry may be different, but operational efficiency and business agility are two common visions of manufacturing software development. Here are the benefits that manufacturers can get from mobile app development.
The Benefits of Using Mobile Apps in Manufacturing
- Automates production flows
- Streamlines the end-to-end manufacturing process
- Improved virtual communications and optimized productivity
- Real-time inventory management
- Artificial intelligence (AI)-based equipment monitoring applications monitor equipment performance and send maintenance alerts to relevant authorities.
- AI and ML-based mobile applications in manufacturing can detect product defects and reduce device downtime.
- AI-powered manufacturing applications establish regulations for process safety and compliance.
- AI and IoT-based mobile applications virtually process device data and help manufacturers make faster decisions to improve their features.
- The adoption of custom applications in the manufacturing industry provides better inventory management.
- Streamlining logistics and supply chain operations is one of the key use cases of AI mobile applications in manufacturing for better fleet management. From warehouse production and shipping to logistics and distribution, AI-powered fleet management applications ensure transparency at every step.
- AI-powered CRM applications help organizations better manage orders, customer requests, and automatic invoice preparation tasks.
- AI and GPS-based manufacturing tracking apps ensure asset tracking and optimized delivery visibility.
- Long-term ROI is one of the ultimate benefits of using custom mobile apps in manufacturing.
- Better communication is ensured between the different teams.
So, the benefits of mobile apps in manufacturing are huge. Manufacturing organizations can benefit from mobile application development in terms of faster and more efficient processes.
Additionally, by leveraging the potential of Internet of Things (IoT) like next-generation cloud technology, mobile applications can be used for faster and deeper data analysis to gain production insights and equipment maintenance.
Get a free quote for manufacturing application development!
What features and functionality will make manufacturing applications robust?
Now let’s discuss the types of manufacturing apps and add the features that make manufacturing apps more powerful. Here are some best manufacturing app types and features:
Mobile Production Monitoring Apps
Manufacturing applications designed and developed for production tracking functions are the greatest asset of manufacturers. Tracking production environments and remote monitoring using IoT-powered devices helps businesses monitor and control production operations virtually.
These types of mobile applications in manufacturing are also widely adopted to continuously monitor devices and track their performance. Since integrating IoT into mobile manufacturing applications makes it easier to store device performance information, organizations can process and extract valuable information to improve operational efficiency.
Must-Have Key Features of Production Tracking Software Applications:
- Hassle-free registration and login
- Rapid production planning
- Automatic alerts on production status
- Centralize communications to discuss production plans online
- Viewing and managing online orders
- Production monitoring dashboard
- Customer interaction boards for a moment
Supply Chain Management Applications
Warehouse management, inventory tracking and management, logistics visibility, fleet tracking, distribution automation, and transportation tracking are all important mobile applications in the manufacturing industry. Here are the key features of supply chain management applications:
- Better supplier management
- Optimized order management, including acceptance, processing and invoice preparation
- Strategic warehouse management
- Visibility and management of sweating and logistics
- Streamlined distribution processes
- Secure payment modules
Resource and productivity management application
Manufacturing applications help organizations improve resource management and better allocation. Here are the main features of resource management and productivity management software solutions.
- Automatic attendance monitoring and recording
- Automatic spreadsheet management
- Productivity monitoring and resource allocation
- Tracking Product Location Using IoT Sensors and GPS Navigators
- Order management and processing
- Preparation and invoicing of invoices
- Generate analytical reports by evaluating production and sensor data
Order Management Applications for Manufacturing
These apps are developed to manage orders for hundreds of customers from a single dashboard. Here are the main features of order management software solutions for the manufacturing industry.
- Simple ordering module for the customer panel
- Order processing and invoice generation
- Distribution and delivery management
These are three major tasks of mobile order management apps. Investments in the development of mobile order management applications allow manufacturers to streamline their order taking and delivery functions. Automating order management processes will reduce human labor and increase employee productivity.
Inventory Management Software Solutions
Manufacturing inventory management app helps manufacturers maintain proper inventory levels and keep their products on top of demand. Therefore, adopting inventory management applications avoids overstocking and reduces costs.
Benefits of Inventory Management App
- Tracking inventory levels
- Automates scanning and enables paperless documentation
- Automatic verification of product quantities
- Through the connection of sensors, manufacturers can identify product location seamlessly
- Alerts and notifications on stock shortages
How much does it cost to develop a manufacturing application?
The estimated cost to create a manufacturing application can range from $25,000 to $100,000. But factors like app type (native, hybrid, and cross-platform), app development platform (Android, iPhone, Windows), and features and functionality will impact the cost of an app. manufacturing.
Additionally, the location and size of the team of mobile app developers you hire will also impact the overall cost of mobile app development for the manufacturing industry. Additionally, the hourly rate of a mobile app development company will vary depending on the geographic location. Therefore, the location of the main app developer is also a factor impacting costs.
So, whether it is the development of an inventory management application, a supply chain management application, an order management application or a tracking software solution. production, cost depends on all the above factors we discussed. But never compromise on adding advanced AI features and align your manufacturing application with the current digital mood.
FuGenX is a tailor-made leader mobile app development company in Bangalore. Our team of app development experts have extensive proven experience in designing and developing trending mobile software solutions for manufacturers. We create the best digital solution that streamlines and automates all of your manufacturing activities.
Manufacturing is one of the most complex industries that requires the deployment of advanced digital and automation tools and applications to improve operational efficiency. Additionally, organizations need to focus on designing and developing manufacturing applications that adhere to the rules and regulations of regulatory bodies to protect businesses from high taxes.
Are you looking to hire an AI application development company?
Tell us your manufacturing app requirements and we create the best mobile app within your budget.
Get in touch!