Home spa relaxation from the comfort of your bathroom
Almost everyone has heard the word “spa,” but few people know that it comes from the name of the famous Belgian resort village of Spa. A fairly common belief that “spa” is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase “sanus per aquam,” which means “healthy water,” is incorrect.
Home spa treatments are the perfect solution for you after a long day at work or after doing household chores and are the best form of relaxation. The ideal solution is to spend a lonely evening with your partner in your home spa. This is a great gift idea for a loved one. You will spend time for yourself, the desired rest, and take care of your soul and beauty.
Prepare the best health and beauty cabinet in your bathroom.
Home spas – preparation for relaxation
The main thing is the appropriate atmosphere. Prepare for your home spa appropriately; take your time. It’s about actually getting you relaxed and resting for a while. Make sure the light in the bathroom is turned off. Light a few candles and place them at different points in the bathroom.
Think about aromatic oils too. Choose the scent that soothes your senses. For example, sweet vanilla or sandalwood scent. You will find a wide selection of aromatic essential oils in the pharmacy or supermarket. They will surely put you in a blissful mood. Thanks to them, you will feel that you are in a completely different place, not in your bathroom.
Remember subtle music too. Turn on your favorite artist or create background music. For example, relaxing sounds of nature or music from your favorite movie. Music should be calm and quiet as a supplement. You will calm down and find a blissful mood.
The attitude to the procedure is important. Switch at least for a minute from everyday worries and responsibilities. Give yourself time and allow yourself to relax. Please turn off your mobile phone and do not look at it every minute. A good idea is a book that will brighten up bath time. Ask household members to refrain from interfering if you are not alone at home. Spend time with yourself.
Home spas can be done on your own using accessories you can purchase at almost any pharmacy and supermarket. Expensive creams or masks are not needed. Cosmetics must be suitable for your skin type, considering possible problems like erythema, acne, or allergies. If you need clarification on the drugs, ask a consultant at the pharmacy. You will be advised which products are best for your skin type.
You can start your home spa ceremony when you are ready to light the candles and have prepared the aromatic oils.
1. Bathing is the most important part of a home spa. Pour warm and even hot water into the bath. It will help you relax and loosen tired muscles. Add some bath products – a shower gel that fills the whole bath with wonderful foam or a bomb with a fruity scent. It could be moisturizing oils to soothe and revitalize tired skin, sea salt, or just a handful of your favorite herbs like lavender or peppermint. The bath will warm the body, relax the muscles and prepare for further treatments within the home spa.
2. Face makeup removal. Use your favorite cosmetics, cleaning oil, black soap, or an antibacterial gel. The skin needs to be cleaned and prepared for further procedures. Once makeup is removed, scrub. Then apply the mask on the face, neck, and décolleté. Apply gel to your eyes – a unique plant complex of petals or cotton pads soaked in advance with chamomile infusion. In the end, use a tonic, thanks to which the skin of the face restores its natural pH and the pores are closed. Now, finally, relax and listen to the wonderful music that plays in the background.
3. Body peeling. After removing makeup from the face, it’s time to peel the whole body. You can do it with a cosmetic product or with a rough glove. The main thing is to exfoliate the epidermis accordingly. Rinse off the rest of the cosmetic product with water, alternating cold and warm – in this way, blood circulation in the body is also stimulated, contributing to further treatment within the home spa.
4. Moisturizing the body. When leaving the bath, spread the whole body with a regenerating and nourishing balm. Then do the foot and hand treatments.
The queen of Egypt, Cleopatra, who reigned in 51-30 BC, maintained her beauty thanks to bathing in milk. You can try this method in the course of your home spa. All you need to hydrate and nourish your skin is:
• a liter of milk, preferably fat – can be cow or goat,
• 250 g of liquid honey, coconut, or olive oil.
All the ingredients listed above are mixed well and added to a water bath; the temperature will be about 37-39 ° C. Cleopatra rested and relaxed for 30 minutes in such a prepared milk bath. After getting out of the bath, do not rub your body too hard. Useful components should be absorbed into the epidermis.
Home facial spa
To perform a home facial spa can be done as follows:
1. Wash off makeup and then wash your face with a gel according to your skin’s needs.
2. Apply a small amount of peeling on the face, neck, and décolleté, and massage in circular motions.
3. After washing off the peeling, apply a mask on the face and neck and decollete. If you have oily or combination skin, make a mask that will clear your skin of pimples and blackheads. It is necessary to perform a special water bath – tilt your face over a bowl of hot water. Cover your head with a towel for best results so that the steam does not evaporate. Thus, the pores will expand, and the cleansing components of the mask will be absorbed into the skin deeper.
4. Apply a serum designed for your skin type.
5. Remember the skin under the eyes. Apply a skin care cream designed for this area.
6. Finally, apply a cream designed for your skin type to your face, neck, and décolleté.
Home foot spa
Here are a few tips for doing a foot spa:
• Before treatment on the legs, wash off the polish from the nails and trim them (do not round the ends).
• The foot bath should last 15-20 minutes, and it is best to ensure that the water is warm, not hot. For bathing, you can use special cosmetics or products that you have available. A salt bath will help soften the skin. A baking soda bath will help soften the hard skin on your heels. An herbal bath can help fight hyperhidrosis or provide relief to the feet (depending on the herbs chosen).
• A foot scrub will improve blood circulation and smooth the skin. For example, you can make your sea salt scrub by mixing 1/2 cup sea salt, 3/4 cup sour cream, and a few drops of aromatic essential oil. Do this peeling no more than once a week. Otherwise, there may be severe skin irritation.
After these procedures, apply a thick layer of moisturizing cream to the skin of the legs with massaging movements.
A home spa for hands
Spa for hands also starts with bathing. Cosmetics can be applied from a pharmacy or use what you have at home. Try, for example, bathing with citrus. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to warm water. Lemon can improve the elasticity of the skin of the hands.
After the bath, apply a mask on your hands, which can also be made from home ingredients, for example:
• Potato mask – boil two potatoes and turn them into gruel; add the yolk and 3 tbsp. Tablespoons of warm milk Apply this mixture on your hands and cover with a film, rinse after 15 minutes. This mask nourishes and smoothes the skin.
• Mask of egg yolk – add to it 1 tbsp. A spoonful of honey and 1 tbsp. A spoonful of butter. Apply the mixture on your hands and then wash off after 45 minutes. The mask has a firming and nourishing effect.
• Mask with olive oil – mix 3 tbsp. Spoons of olive oil with yolk, apply the mask on your hands, and cover with cling film for 15 minutes. The action is moisturizing and rejuvenating.
After the masks are washed off, apply a thick layer of moisturizer to your hands.
Home hair spa
Start your hair spa with a thorough wash with a clarifying shampoo. The product must be suitable for your hair type. If possible, perform additional peeling of the scalp. He has very good action. This way, you will clean all the strands and the scalp. Hair will absorb the components of the mask or hair conditioner better. In addition, peeling stimulates hair follicles to action.
Then apply a hair mask to your hair and scalp. Cover your hair with a plastic bag. Under the influence of heat, the hair follicles will open up and better absorb the mask’s nutrients. After 30 minutes, rinse the cosmetic product from the hair. It is best to use cool water; then, the hair scales will close and be more resistant to possible damage.
Lastly, take care of the ends of your hair. Apply oil to them, for example, from silk or argan. It will nourish the hair and stimulate it to grow.
Home spas should be done at least once every two weeks. This is a lifesaver for the soul, and your strength relaxes and gives energy. You can provide the necessary care for your face, hands, feet, body, and hair with cosmetics from a pharmacy or make by yourself. Take time for yourself to take care of your body and relax it. In the end, you are the most important!