Henna for eyebrows: advantages and disadvantages
What? Eyebrow henna is a great natural alternative to artificial coloring compounds. This is a simple and effective way to give expressiveness to the appearance, which also has a healing effect.
How to choose? The modern beauty market offers fashionistas a variety of formats of this substance: in powder, in liquid, and in pasty consistency. In addition, it is important to pay attention to the tone of the pigment because the eyebrows should be combined with your phototype.
From this material, you will learn the following:
- Benefits of using henna for eyebrows
- Disadvantages of using henna for eyebrows
- Top 5 manufacturers of henna for eyebrows and eyelashes
- How to use henna for eyebrows at home
- Eyebrow tinting procedure with henna in the salon
- Eyebrow care after using henna
Benefits of using henna for eyebrows
Every girl who pays a lot of attention to her appearance carefully monitors the condition of her eyebrows. They are the hallmark of a woman who wants her eyebrows to be natural, moderately thick, aesthetically attractive, and harmoniously designed. Unfortunately, not everyone can boast of natural eyebrows donated by nature.
An eyebrow bio tattoo using henna is safe and beneficial to health. This at-home procedure is becoming increasingly popular due to its many benefits.
Judging by the reviews, the advantages of coloring and shaping eyebrows using henna include:
- The method is painless and safe and does not cause swelling and redness of the skin, unlike permanent makeup, in which the coloring composition penetrates the deep layers of the epidermis. Henna and auxiliary components are natural products. Due to this quality, there are practically no contraindications for eyebrow bio tattoos, provided there is no allergy.
- Among the modern range of products with henna for eyebrows and eyelashes, some tint the hairs themselves, as well as those that color the skin. The first group helps to give the hairs a natural shine, a brighter shade. In addition, these tools provide smooth color borders that gradually flow into one another in the direction from the beginning of the eyebrow to the end. This coloring option is suitable for girls who know how to adjust the hairline independently and want to avoid making a mistake when coloring.
The second category of products allows you to fill in all the gaps, make the eyebrow line even, correctly curved, and of sufficient length, and eliminate the need to draw lines daily.
- Thanks to the large palette of henna shades that smoothly transitions from color to color, from dark to light, it will not be difficult to choose the right tone that matches your hair and natural eyebrows. It is easy to prepare a coloring composition at home.
- The cost of the procedure, after which the hair follicles will improve and strengthen, and the hairs will grow faster, is low. You only need a little money to buy henna for your eyebrows. The budget will not suffer since the price of the entire set of products and tools is quite low; there is no need to spend money on the services of a master. In addition, the kit will last quite a long time. Thus, you will save money, time, and nerves.
- You do not need to master the skill of coloring for a long time and spend a lot of money on it. One has only to watch the training video and write down (or remember) the necessary proportions of mixed henna shades.
- Care after the procedure is simple. You will not need painkillers and healing agents. Henna colors the eyebrow smoothly, without a sharp transition from one tone to another. There is no color contrast between the adjacent skin and eyebrows; henna or paint does not need to shrink in the layers of the epidermis.
- The result is stored for a long time (at least 3-4 weeks). The image is easy to change if desired, since it will not be necessary to perform an expensive laser, but only soft peeling, and then coloring the eyebrows. It is important to follow the recommendations during the procedure to obtain the desired result.
- Staining can be carried out regardless of the female cycle and other circumstances. Henna can be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding as it does not enter the bloodstream. You will get the perfect result without causing harm to your health. In addition, the duration of the effect obtained is not affected by hormonal surges.
Disadvantages of using henna for eyebrows
Despite the small number of disadvantages of henna staining, they still exist:
- Henna has a drying effect. In this regard, when carrying out tattooing, oil is regularly used, which fixes the effect obtained and avoids peeling of the skin and loss of aesthetics of the eyebrows. This tool is used for a certain time, depending on skin type (from 3 to 7 days).
- This type of staining requires careful skin and eyebrow care for longer preservation of the effect obtained. However, it is necessary to do the procedure after a month and repeat it monthly, even if you follow all the rules. This distinguishes this staining from permanent makeup, which lasts at least six months.
- The consequence of choosing the wrong shade of henna will be a trip to the salon so the master can perform the adjustment.
- The composition requires careful preparation. If it turns out to be too liquid, the skin and clothes can get dirty during its application. It is necessary to use a special apron to protect things from contamination. A greasy cream should be applied to the skin so that it is not stained with henna droplets.
- The duration of the effect obtained depends on the frequency of washing, since henna is washed off faster from too frequent contact of the eyebrows with water. Usually, this problem worries owners of oily skin. In this case, for washing, you should use cleansing matting lotions or micellar water.
If you still decide to dye your eyebrows with henna despite the above disadvantages, you should ensure that bio tattoo is right for you.
How to use henna for eyebrows at home
You need to have a set of tools and work carefully, adhering to the recommendations set out in the instructions.
Before the procedure, you need to prepare the following:
- dishes for mixing components (except metal);
- mirror, flat brush, white pencil;
- cotton swabs, gloves;
The dye that gets on the clothes is very difficult to remove. In this regard, things need to be protected.
Henna packaging contains special instructions, which should be strictly followed. For the first time, it is better to watch a training video.
If henna is liquid, dilute it with a few drops of kvass or lemon juice. This is necessary for the longer preservation of the result. Henna powder is diluted with hot water so that the mixture is consistent with liquid sour cream.
Necessary actions before applying the mixture:
- Exfoliate the skin of the face to degrease it and remove dead epidermal cells. The procedure is performed by cosmetic peeling or scrubbing.
- Degrease eyebrows with a tonic.
- Apply a thick cream around the eyebrows to make it easier to remove the paint that has got on the skin.
- Using a white pencil, draw a line along which the eyebrows will be painted.
- Carefully dip a flat brush into the mixture and paint over the tips of the eyebrows with gentle strokes. Make point touches with a brush to “drive” henna into the skin. Striking movements should be avoided.
- To make the shade saturated, apply the mixture in a thick layer.
- Leave the paste on the eyebrows for 40-60 minutes, then remove it with a cotton pad. It is not recommended to wash your face immediately after the procedure, as the saturation of the resulting color may decrease significantly. It should not be allowed to get water on the painted eyebrows for at least another day.
- Cover the eyebrows with polyethylene for better penetration of dyes into the hair structure.
For longer preservation of beautifully saturated color, it is necessary to follow the attached instructions from the manufacturer when staining strictly. Otherwise, the paint will last up to 14 days instead of the prescribed four weeks.
When applying the product, it is necessary to immediately remove the paint from the skin at the slightest exit from the staining line.
Eyebrow tinting procedure with henna in the salon
It is not difficult to paint eyebrows with henna at home. But this applies only to those who already have experience with such staining. Otherwise, the result may be different than expected.
Home coloring does not guarantee perfectly even lines and neatly shaped eyebrows. A master with the necessary experience can choose the optimal shade of paint that matches the type of appearance. In this case, errors are practically excluded. If they are admitted, the salon specialist will immediately correct them.
Before a bio-tattoo session, the master must assess the condition of the hairs located along the eyebrow growth line and the uniformity of the hair follicles. If he concludes that it is necessary to change the shape of the eyebrows, he will correct them by removing excess hairs with tweezers or another tool.
After the modeling of the eyebrows is done, the preparation of the skin for the bio tattoo begins. This stage involves applying a fat cream in several layers on the upper eyelid and in the superciliary arches. This is necessary to protect the eyes so that the paint does not spread and the skin prone to excessive dryness is moisturized.
The master leaves the cream for absorption and, at this time, consults with the client about the color of the paint. If necessary, two tones are selected for subsequent mixing. Sometimes you have to spend at least 30-40 minutes preparing the composition, depending on the type of henna.
It is necessary immediately before staining to circle the eyebrows with a special pencil to form a contour. Experienced masters do not need a pencil; they draw the future eyebrow with a brush dipped in henna solution. Using a brush to form an even line of coloring is necessary if the eyebrows grow too wide.
After applying the mixture, cover the eyebrows with plastic wrap and leave for 40-60 minutes. To avoid streaks and uneven distribution of paint, movements of the facial muscles should be limited.
At the client’s request, the master can add other components to the mixture that benefit hair growth. However, you must first learn about the contraindications of the means used and ensure that their use will not lead to negative consequences.
At the end of the exposure time, the henna is washed off, first removing the top layer with a dry swab. Then the eyebrows are washed with a damp cloth.
Allergic reactions to henna are manifested in people with individual intolerance. In this regard, to avoid the occurrence of negative consequences, it is necessary to take a test before staining. If, after a day, no reaction follows, you can safely proceed to the procedure. In addition, you first need to take care of the eyes, and if there are problems, solve them.
Eyebrow care after using henna
What should be the care for tinted eyebrows? Henna is considered an inconsistent paint that requires special care. The effect of bio tattoo can be extended if, in addition to applying oil, the following recommendations are followed:
- Avoid getting liquid on the eyebrows for 2-3 days after the staining procedure.
- Stay in direct sunlight and sunbathe in a solarium only after applying a protective cream to the skin.
- Do not go to the bath, sauna, or swimming pool on the first day after the procedure. Facial baths are contraindicated.
- Do not paint your eyebrows with decorative cosmetics, and do not comb or rub your eyebrows with your fingers.
- Do not use scrubs or face cleansers; try not to touch your eyebrows when washing.
- It is forbidden to perform facial peeling (hardware or chemical), as it involves using drugs that can spoil bio tattoos.
- Do not use products with alcohol to wipe the skin in the eyebrow area, and do not lubricate the areas treated with henna with greasy lotions and creams.
- To give a well-groomed and neat look, it is necessary to remove excess hairs and carefully comb the eyebrows with a dry and clean brush.
If you follow the recommendations for staining and care rules, you can fix and extend the result. Then you will look in the mirror every day and enjoy the sight of beautiful, attractive eyebrows that harmonize with the shape and complexion.
Regardless of the place of staining (at home or in the salon), henna will be washed out gradually and imperceptibly. Unpainted skin will not show through, and eyebrows will fade dramatically. You can repeat the procedure after the hairs have acquired their original shade.