Odoo website eLearning video API for secure videos!
Integrating videos into your Odoo eLearning courses offers many benefits that help learners grasp concepts more clearly and understand them better. However, this carries some risks as someone can steal/copy the content and project it as their own.
So how can you avoid such circumstances and secure your eLearning videos?
The Odoo website eLearning Video API secures your eLearning video with the robust security of the api.video platform. Additionally, the platform securely hosts your Odoo eLearning videos and live streams in a centralized location.
Additionally, it allows you to integrate the videos and live streams into your Odoo eLearning module and add them to various courses. Also, you can set videos as private or public depending on your needs.
- It integrates the Odoo eLearning platform with api.video.
- Generate an API key on the Video API side and use it in Odoo to establish a connection.
- It allows you to host videos that you can use in your Odoo eLearning courses.
- The Odoo website eLearning Video API smoothly adds live streams and videos to Odoo without any security compromises.
- Embed videos or live stream into your classes.
- Set video access between public and private from the api.video platform.
- The api.video platform improves the safety and security of your video.
- Once you purchase the application from the Webkul store, you will receive the link to download the zip file of the module.
- Extract the file to your system once the download is complete. You will be able to see a folder named- ‘site_elearning_videoapi.’
- Copy and paste this folder into your Odoo add-ons path.
- Now open the Odoo app and click on the Settings menu. Here, click on Enable Developer Mode.
- Then open the Applications menu and click ‘Update module list.’
- In the search bar, remove all filters and search ‘site_elearning_videoapi.’
- You will be able to see the module in the search result. Click on ‘Install‘ to install it.
Let’s start configuring the eLearning video API of the Odoo site.
API CREATION AT THE END OF API VIDEO
1. First of all, you need to create an account on the Video API platform, and from the dashboard, access ‘API Keys.’
2. Press the button ‘+ Generate a new API key’ on the API key page.
3. Next, enter the API key name and click the button “Generate an API key” button.
4. After checking the API database of the same name, the platform will generate the API key, copy it and use it in your Odoo.
ADDING API IN THE ODOO BACKEND
5. On the Odoo side, open the ‘Settings’ in the Odoo backend. Under the “online learning” menu, activate the ‘Video integration.api’ and paste the generated API key at the
ADD AN eLEARNING VIDEO TO A COURSE
6. Move to ‘eLearning > Courses’ and open the course you want to add a video to.
7. Click on the ‘Add content’ in the course content form.
8. Open the Videos tab and click on any video to view its details on the API Video platform.
9. Now copy the “Link to video or embed code” link and return to the Odoo backend.
10. On the add content form, select the “Content Type” as a video and enter the video link in the field provided. When finished, click on the ‘Save and close’ to add just this video, or press the button “Save and create” button to add more videos.
ADD VIDEOS DIRECTLY
11. Likewise, you can directly add content to any course from the ‘Content’ menu.
12. In the add content form, fill in the details, select the “Course, content type (video)” and add the video link.
Odoo ONLINE LEARNING WEBSITE
13. To check the added video, go to the ‘Website > Courses’ and open the course to which you added the video.
14. In the content list, you can view the added video and click on it to play it using the default video player api.video.
OTHER MODULES OF THE ODOO WEBSITE
I hope you find the guide useful! Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you still have any issues/questions regarding this, please create a ticket at https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/.
Please also explore our Odoo development services and a wide range of quality Odoo apps..
For any doubts, contact us at (email protected).
Thank you for your attention !!
Current product version – 1.0.0
Supported framework version – Odoo 16