Whether you watch videos, use social media, or read the news, online ads are annoying. Banner ads, pop-ups, and pre-roll ads are all annoying, but sometimes they can even threaten your online security and privacy.
Many people don’t know this, but many online ads are malicious. They can download malicious files to your device, track your browsing habits and collect your personal and location data.
Fortunately, there are many ad blockers available for Chrome today, and in this article we list the best of them!
1. Advertising block one
AdBlock One is our pick for the best free ad blocker for Chrome. The extension blocks intrusive ads, speeds up the loading of online pages and at the same time improves PC security. It can be used to prevent any type of online advertising, including pop-ups and pre-roll ads.
Best of all, AdBlock One is completely free.
• Block all online advertisements. Enjoy a 100% distraction-free browsing experience.
• Protect your privacy and personal information by blocking malicious ads and invasive tracking cookies.
• Load websites faster. Don’t waste your time waiting.
• Choose the elements you want to display on websites without breaking the layout.
• Add websites you want to support to your exceptions list so they can earn revenue by showing you ads.
AdBlock is one of the most popular free Chrome extensions for blocking ads. It has the following advantages:
• Open source and free.
• One of the best Chrome and Safari extensions for blocking ads.
• Increases browsing speed.
• It blocks ads on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
However, AdBlock can sometimes run a little slowly, especially if you have multiple tabs open at the same time. Additionally, some people claim that it doesn’t block YouTube ads very well.
3. Adblock Plus
In terms of ad blocking, AdBlock Plus is one of the most popular options available today.
• It is open source.
• Small businesses can use it for free, while large organizations have to pay. This helps websites generate non-intrusive advertising revenue.
• It supports acceptable advertisements (non-intrusive and long-lasting advertisements). Businesses can apply to be whitelisted for acceptable ads.
• Its easy-to-navigate user interface allows you to opt out of non-intrusive ads.
AdLock is easily one of the best tools on the market. It can be used to prevent different forms of online advertisements, including pre-roll ads and pop-ups, as well as harmful websites.
• Free on the Chrome Web Store.
• Premium plans (with annual and lifetime options) are available for Windows and Android.
• All products are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
• Pages load quickly.
However, it has some disadvantages, including:
• The application is not accessible on Google Play.
• It is not acceptable listings and does not whitelist sites, preventing requests to those sites from blocking external tracking.
5. Origin of uBlock
uBlock Origin is a browser-based ad blocker with over 10 million Chrome installations. It has several notable features:
• Completely free.
• Permanently blocks ads in real time.
• Open source and multiplatform.
• Can block banner ads, pre-roll ads and pop-ups.
6. AdGuard AdBlocker
AdGuard AdBlocker was developed specifically for Chrome and is considered one of the most effective ad blockers for the following reasons:
• Helps prevent online fraud and tracking.
• Blocks pop-ups, banner ads and pre-roll ads.
• Free for Chrome.
• Mac, Android and iOS browsers also support it.
However, some minor drawbacks are:
• It is not available on Google Play for Android and can only be downloaded through the AdGuard website.
• For the first 14 days, the trial is free, but after that it’s $2.49 per month or $79.99 per year, plus tax.
7. Poper Blocker: pop-up blocker for Chrome
It’s no surprise that Poper Blocker is a popular Chrome extension for blocking ads:
• Rather than replacing other ad blockers, it serves as a complement.
• It focuses on preventing pop-ups, pop-up overlays, scheduled and scrolling pop-ups, and often blocks ads that other ad blockers don’t block.
• It notifies you every time it blocks pop-ups, ads and viruses.
• It can work with other ad blockers with minimal impact on your system.
Using an ad blocker can do a lot to improve your online privacy and security. If you’re looking for a great ad blocker for Chrome, you can be sure that any of the solutions listed above will work wonderfully.